Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Father's Day visit

May 17, 2007

Today was Father's Day, so I went to visit my Pop and my Sis.

It was a nice sunny day, so I decided to wrench myself from the coffee table and take a few pics.
And I must say I'm glad I did. I've seldom seen so many strange sights in one place.

Will you please look at this?
Is this a clothes-peg-shaped insect? Some amazing feat of mimicry to prey on unwary flies that might buzz around the clothesline?
Or were my folks tired of buying new clothes-pegs and tried sowing some instead?




And what is this?
The advance party of some bizzare alien invasion from planet Mutant Cacti?




...speaking of aliens...




But there were also nice, harmless things in that spooky garden, like this flower...




...and this one.




Can you still call a wild strawberry "wild" if it's growing in a garden...?

No comments: